Brooke Hunter

Hunter undertakes the typical peregrina (pilgrim) activity of washing clothing at the end of a day of walking while on the 500 mile traditional medieval pilgrimage to Compostela de Santiago
   

My teaching and research focus on medieval literature and the reception of philosophical ideas in the Middle Ages. My book, Forging Boethius in Medieval Intellectual Fantasies, from Routledge Press, explores the reception of Boethius through the creation and reception of a thirteenth-century forgery that presented itself as a sequel to The Consolation of Philosophy. My current work looks at how early logic curriculum shaped the work of Chaucer. My interest in how cultural fantasies about the past and the present shape reception histories informs the courses I teach on Medieval Romance, The Fabulous Middle Ages, and Chaucer. 

Courses:
Chaucer; Medieval Romance; Literature of Heaven and Hell; The Fabulous Middle Ages; British Tradition, I.

Publication:
“Remenants of Things Past: Memory and the Knight’ s TaleExemplaria 23.2 (2011)

Education:
Ph.D. from University of Texas at Austin in 2010.

Comments